I am just now getting around to posting about a phone call I received from the Public Records office. The man called to tell me that the specific information that I am requesting is not available on its own. They do not separate Class C warrants into smaller groups, such as warrants for speeding violations. And the work that would be required for me to get that specific information would cost thousands of dollars apparently. I definitely shut down that request! So I had to modify my request slightly to a shorter time period and to request the Class C warrants that are carried out. I was also informed that the birth dates of the people would be blacked out, but that was of no concern to me. And minors' records would not be given either, which again was not something I needed.
Here is the email I received to finalize the changes to my request:
Dear Ms. Kirkpatrick,
Per our phone conversation, you have agreed to change to time frame of your request from 11/1/2015- 10/31/2016 to 1/1/2016 – 10/31/2016. Also just to advise you in writing we do not have the ability to pull out just speeding ticket warrant arrest. We log our citation arrest by the title “Local- local class C Warrant.” This will include all citation warrant arrest.
So far, it has been an interesting experience. Something that I know will be helpful in the future. Now just waiting to receive the records!
No comments:
Post a Comment