The other response I received was from a woman at the Public Records office. The email is below:
"Dear Hannah Kirkpatrick,
This letter responds to your request for information to the City of Fort Worth, dated and received in our office on 11/1/2016 8:00:00 AM.
This letter responds to your request for information to the City of Fort Worth, dated and received in our office on 11/1/2016 8:00:00 AM.
Information Requested: Police Records - *see original request attached* For the period of November 1, 2015 to October 31, 2016 Under the Texas Public Information Act, §6252-17a et seq., I am requesting an opportunity to inspect or obtain copies of public records that deal with the amount of arrests that are carried out due to warrants only for speeding tickets in the city of Fort Worth. I am only searching for records pertaining of arrests made due to outstanding speeding tickets
The City of Fort Worth Municipal Court has reviewed its files and is providing the information responsive to your request per clarification received 11/02/2016.
Report results are that there were 6,229 persons arrested on 8,145 cases; in which a defendant was arrested on a Class C Misdemeanor warrant for a related Speeding violation during the requested time period."
As you can see from this email, I was just given the numbers and not any actual record documents. Also, it is interesting that I got the numbers I was looking for pertaining to speeding violations from her and not from the other man I spoke with. He said my request would require hours of work and she did not even bat an eyelash. I am confused as to why she was able to give me the information and he was not. So, looking at the numbers I highlighted it appears that there are a lot of arrests due to speeding violations! 6,229 of the 8,145 cases were arrested. Makes me very glad I took care of my ticket because it seems they are very strict about making those arrests for those of us who like to drive fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment